1 1/4 cups walnuts, chopped coarse
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe, soft darkly speckled large bananas, mashed well, about 1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350, place rack in lower-middle position. Grease 9x5" loaf pan, dust with flour.
2) Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3) In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and walnuts together.
4) In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a rubber spatula. Lightly fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined and scrape into the loaf pan. Should be thick and slightly lumpy.
5) Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.