2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cold butter
1 3/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine first five ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk just until moistened; stir in blueberries.
- Turn onto floured surface and gently knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to greased baking sheet and pat into 9-inch circle; cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake scones at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, and serve warm.
I strongly recommend eating these with butter and strawberry jam.